Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Waffle Brownies

  • 1/2 c butter
  • 1/4 c cocoa powder, sifted
  • 3/4 c white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 T water
  • 1 1/4 c flour
  • 1/4 t salt
  • 2/3 c walnuts, chopped
  • 1/3 c icing sugar, sifted, for decoration
  1. Preheat waffle iron.
  2. Melt butter in a sauce pan. Remove from heat and stir in cocoa. Mix in sugar, eggs and water. Add flour and salt, beating well. Stir in nuts.
  3. In each well of the waffle iron, add one well rounded spoonful.
  4. Cook brownie in waffle iron as you would cook waffles (on mine the highest setting worked best).
  5. Sprinkle icing sugar over warm brownies.


4 comments:

Karenee said...

Those are amazing! I need a waffle iron (but I'm picky, and what I really want is Mom's cast-iron stove-top one from Bolivia).

Hanna said...

mmm...perhaps I will make those...now!

karenee - I haaate modern waffle irons, I bought a nice old one for two dollars and I treasure it

barb said...

They're soooo good... I should make them again soon... I cheated (Hanna you may be able to tell how old the picture is by the kicthen colour... that's three colours and no tile ago!)
I found the pictures on my hard drive, started drooling, and thought I'd share!

Karenee said...

Ooooh, pretty, pretty! Hanna, you do a great job with the graphic work!

Such a lovely place to post ought to make it even more fun to blog here, right, Barb?