Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Yummy Taco Salad

  • 1 chicken breast or 1/2 lb ground beef
  • 1 tsp grapeseed oil
  • 1 clove garlic, crushed
  • 1 T ground cumin
  • 1 T chipotle chili pepper (because it's better)
  • 1/2 can black beans
  • lettuce (i prefer the lazy kind)
  • tomatoes (i love the strawberry ones)
  • avacado
  • tortilla chips (i use the lime and sea salt spoon ones)
  • catalina dressing
  • antoinette's saltspring or chilli dip
  1. Heat grapeseed oil in large saute pan. Cook meat until no longer pink or until browned... depending on your choice of meat. Add garlic, cumin and chili pepper, I never measure... I taste test, when it tastes yummy then it's ready! If it looks too dry, add a bit of water to coat the meat better.
  2. Drain black beans and add them to the meat. Cook a bit longer. I usually set the burner to low and then go about preparing the rest.
  3. Wash and tear lettuce, chop tomatoes, slice avacado, toss to combine.
  4. Add meat mixture to veggies and top with crushed tortilla chips.
  5. Mix about a 1/4 c of catalina dressing with some yummy antoinette's and toss with salad!

I guess you can add cheese to it, I never do... sometimes I add onions

2 comments:

Jen said...

I am very much looking forward to cooking inspiration from you! This looks yummy!

Karenee said...

Yum!

Thanks for linking this new blog at Hanna's. Now you're bookmarked and cannot escape (except by not posting, but really... you're not scared of me are you?)

Hurrah for blogging, even sporadically.