Thursday, September 20, 2007

Domestic Bliss

So I've been all domestic lately and now you get to see the fruit of my spoils so to speak...

I found some organic peaches to satisfy my sickly needs and then canned them and all my jars sealed... on my way beck from Creston I'm going to buy oodles more to can... because 10 jars will not get me through the winter...

I convinced blair to buy me a sewing machine... YAH (and look I've used it!)

And of course I needed/wanted a rotary cutter and it needed a pretty mat!

I made some of Moonstitches' owls... I see the possibilty of an army of owls taking over my house...
I also got all crafty on my nasty throw pillows that Blair puts his feet on... so now we have nice stripey removable washable covers!! I made 4... WITHOUT a pattern!!

And I also made a softie block a la London Mummy

Blair tiled the backsplash ans of course Izzie helped

I though that this deer was pretty until I realized she ate my cherry tomato plant!
This little guy, along with his friends: screen, cable and ceiling mount, will soon be joining our living room multimedia experience!

That is all for now... I'm heading off to yoga...

Tomorrow I work 12-8 so I should have PLENTY of boredom time to put together a Friday Five

2 comments:

Hanna said...

the owlies turned out very cute :) and your peaches look yummy. I feel left out of the canning party this year :(

Jen said...

Congratulations on all the crafty/domesticness of life! I love the owls. Too cute. You inspire me to want to do more sewing... but alas, a friend is borrowing my sewing machine. *tear* Mmm, peaches.