Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A look back on a year of BIG changes...

Let's see... what all happened last year... Most of these are actually pretty big deals... graduation, puppy, truck, pregnancy... but over the course of the year they didn't seem so drastic!!

January - March: Practicum from H-E-L-L.

February: I got my early graduation present - Izzie our Jack Russel / Fox Terrier cross.

March: Finished my Bachelor of Education from UVic and graduated with distinction

April - May: Grandma had a whack of strokes and spent far too much time in the hospital, on the small up-side lots of relatives came up to visit.

May: Bought our new-to-us Toyota Tacoma.


June -August: Friends Matt & Jamie, and their son Haelen stayed with us, while Matt did his Rural Doctor practicum. Lots of time spent on walks and at the water's edge. Blair & I also started to DJ weddings for Just Music. And the power went out lots for LONG time periods.


August: Blair and I packed a lot of vacation in one week.

September: I got pregnant and didn't even know it. I also avoided TOC-ing and started sewing.
October: Found out I was pregnant. Continued to avoid TOC-ing. Spent two weeks of fun in the non-sun in Florida, but had a great time none-the-less and got to catch up with family (AND Leslie, though there are no pictures to prove it). We also sold half of our property and cut our mortgage almost in half!


November: Finally interviewed for the TOC list. Had my first ultrasound.

December: Got Christmassed out!

3 comments:

Hanna said...

aw...Izzie was so little! well...littler.

Kait said...

Congrats on your bump! :) I hope that you enjoy your pregnancy!

Ps. When you're ready for it, the bestest book ever is the Big Book of Birth by Erica Lyons. Seriously, it's the best non-judgmental, non-preachy, open options book out there. I lurve it.

Jen said...

Hooray for you. I liked your year.... and I hope I'll have a year like that in...2010 or so? (The graduation, morgage, baby, vacation excitement parts...)