Friday, May 9, 2008

Take 2

I guess I should've mentioned that the desk will be used as a changing table because the dresser is too short and narrow for that purpose, the dresser also lives in the closet because it has the tv on it.

We tried to find a new dresser that would be long enough (change mat + basket of supples), wide enough (most change mats are 33" wide) and tall enough (preferably 36" tall, since Blair is 6'2") to use as clothing storage and a comfortable changing area, but we couldn't really find anything in town that worked for us, so we figured we'd re-purpose the furniture we already have for now, until we find something a) better b)not $1000 (because I did find a few of those)

The bed probably won't always live in there, we're building a garage in the near future (hopefully by the end of july) and then the bed will be stored in there and we'll bring the mattress out when company comes.

We'll probably put a loveseat in the nursery instead, which would open up the room alot.

In addition to all of that, the baby will most likely sleep in our room for the first few months, while we get used to things.

EDIT: Okay, so maybe I've changed my mind again... I found a dresser at ikea that will work, it's 38" high (which will be comfortable for both of us) and it's wide enough and it's got plenty of drawers. I wanted to avoid buying more furniture from ikea but for $400 it will do the trick and doesn't have actually have to last for eons...
Which means that I won't need the desk (and, bonus, I won't have to stain it to match the crib... was not looking forward to doing that when the baby was on the outside and obviously wasn't going to happen with the baby on the inside) to be in the room and I can move the other dresser out of the closet.
Then I will get Blair to build shelving in the lower half of the closet for storage and a place for the tv to sit (still in the closet! - the cable jack is right next to the closet and so its a wall plug).

The crib location in #1,2,4,5,6 is the most ideal because I can peek in from the hallway and don't have to open the door up fully (it's such a stupid shaped room!)

No comments: