Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Life as it stands...

Blair quit his job. I can't/don't want to go back to work quite yet/ever. Blair is going to maybe go to school in the fall... so he gets the summer "off" (the phone has been ringing off the hook with people offering him short term work and thankfully he's been accepting them!). For the first time in our married life and our growing up lives... money is in short supply... in fact I can't seem to find any right now...

So, being the resourceful woman that I am... I've decided to get a lot more useful at home! Canning, baking bread, making yogurt, making granola and granonla bars, etc. And I'm going to attempt to blog about it. Partly to share what I'm doing... but honestly... for a bit of a pat on the back, so that I'll be able to look back and see what I really am capable of doing... since currently, using my degree is not one of those things!

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Quit hey? I obviously don't know enough about you to understand that one. What is he taking in school? That's great that people are offering him work if that's what you need.

I look forward to seeing all your domestic adventures. I would love to do more of that, but pretty soon my life is going to be filled with work. Anyways, don't forget to post pictures!

Kerry said...

Start with yogurt! Because, I'm thinking of making some.. and you always have the best recipes.

barb said...

Carolyn - More like we had no other choice... his boss was making work a living hell and we had hoped to get money from benefits because the stress was causing Blair physical harm (weight loss, teeth grinding, headaches, etc.) but the insurance company decided that because it was work related they shouldn't have to pay... so here we are... he's applying for EI because if you quit your job for a justifiable reason (ie: harrassment) you can qualify! I don't think even I know myself well enough for this one... but we've arranged ourselves financially in order to make this less painful!

Kerry - My mom is coming this week and I'm going to make her show me again!! And I think we will make buttah too! Because I want to!